The Palm Beach Veterinary Society offers a $1500 scholarship each year to veterinary students enrolled at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Palm Beach County resident by either graduating from a Palm Beach County high school or a resident prior to entrance into the UF College of Veterinary Medicine
- Shall be awarded to a junior student(s). If there are no eligible junior students, then the scholarship(s) shall be awarded to a sophomore or freshman DVM student, in that order. If there are still no eligible students from Palm Beach County, then the scholarship shall be held for the following year.
- Recipients must be an active participant in the Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association (SCAVMA)
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Recipients must make an attempt to attend the June meeting of the Palm Beach Veterinary Society
- Recipients must submit a brief biography, photograph and note stating what this award means to them, which will be included in the PB Vet Society Newsletter
- Application information is available from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Office of Students and Instruction or by calling 352-294-4201